Codex Task Force
In recent times, the Codex Alimentarius Commission has increasingly engaged in alcohol beverage related matters. As an official observer to Codex Alimentarius since 1981, FIVS members decided to create a Task Force (TF) to monitor that organisation’s activities — the aim of which is to support Key Success Factor 1 of the FIVS Strategic Plan – a global trading environment free of trade-distorting factors. The FIVS Codex Alimentarius TF was officially established during the 2019 FIVS London Meetings and reports directly to the Presidential Council.
TF members are monitoring the following committees:
- Codex Alimentarius Commission (CAC)
- Codex Committee on Food Additives (CCFA)
- Codex Committee on Contaminants in Food (CCCF)
- Codex Committee on Food Import and Export Inspection and Certification Systems (CCFICS)
- Codex Committee on Food Labelling (CCFL)
- Codex Committee on Pesticides Residues (CCPR)
- Codex Committee on General Principles (CCGP)
- FAO/WHO Regional Coordinating Committees
Codex Task Force Chair
Tim Ryan is Senior Director, Regulatory Affairs and Compliance, for E. & J. Gallo Winery. He is responsible for ensuring regulations compliance in all areas of alcohol beverage production, distribution and advertising, for both US and international markets. He also works through appropriate trade associations to monitor and influence relevant regulations on a global basis.